Course for the civic integration exam at the Dutch embassy abroad for a MVV visa application
MVV Visa Requirements - Netherlands
As of 15 March 2006, almost all aliens seeking to settle in the Netherlands who need an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV) to enter the country will have to take an integration test before applying for a MVV visa.
What is the civic integration examination?
It is a test that an applicant must take at the Dutch embassy or consulate in his/her country of residence before applying for a MVV visa. People applying for an MVV must first prove that they have passed the examination. You need an MVV to apply for a residence permit - which is necessary for a stay of over three months in the Netherlands. The civic integration examination is a test given in the Dutch language.
Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of Dutch society and their command of the Dutch language. Anyone who prepares properly should be able to pass the examination. The examinations are administered at the Dutch Embassy in your home country.
The examination consists of 3 parts:
1) Reading skills
The civic integration examination component Reading Proficiency tests whether the examiner masters a basic level of Dutch reading. Our integration course covers the entire language part of the integration exam abroad.
The Reading Competency exam component consists of 2 parts:
1. Listen to words and reading
- You hear a word and then have to choose from 4 indicated answer options.
- You read a word and have to choose from 4 spoken answers.
2. Read texts
- You read a text and receive 2 multiple choice questions. You choose the correct answer.
2) Speaking skills
The Speaking Skills exam component consists of 2 parts:
1. Answering questions
- You see a video of a person asking a question on the computer. You then answer the question through headphones with a microphone.
2. Complete sentences
- You hear and read a sentence and see a photo. The sentence is not completely finished and you have to speak the missing part of the sentence via the headset.
3) Knowledge of Dutch Society
Questions about Dutch society are asked on the basis of photos and text. The questions are about, among other things, the history and state structure of The Netherlands. In total there are 100 possible questions. Of these 100 possible questions, 30 are asked in the exam.
Our integration course contains all 100 photo questions "Knowledge of Dutch Society". A free preview is available at: Civic Integration Course - Practice tests KNS